THE GULF COAST AREA NEEDS SKILLED WORKERS!
Between January 2015 and December 2019, approximately 11,430 direct employees and resident contractors hires in the combined operations, maintenance, and engineering occupations will be needed to replace attrition and fill newly created positions.
Approximately 93% of all new hires will be the result of attrition and retirement (as opposed to overall employment increases).
SOURCE: EHCMA Workforce Assessment Survey
WHAT ARE WE, AND WHAT ARE WE ASKING FOR?
“We” are employees of Manufacturers, Builders or Contractors in the Petrochemical Industry. We are currently looking for talented workers from local employers to play the role of industry “Ambassador” to area students, parents, school administrators, the unemployed, the under-employed, adults looking for career change, and military Veterans. Ambassadors are needed to disseminate the many opportunities in high-wage, high-demand careers in the sectors of petrochemical, maritime, transportation, logistics, and industrial construction in the Gulf Coast area. We call this effort “PetrochemWorks”.
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
- Promoting what we do will help grow the pipeline of our workforce potential.
- Explaining who we are and what our jobs are is one of the most impactful things we can do to encourage potential workforce to choose careers in manufacturing.
- Sharing how we got to where we are, and how well we live as a result of these careers, helps the potential workforce to see manufacturing careers as desirable and within reach.
HOW CAN I LEARN TO BE AN AMBASSADOR?
- Preparation and Talking Points – 2018PCW-Ambassador Instructions
FOR TEACHERS AND ADMINISTRATORS
- 2018PCW-Best Practice Recommendation for Schools
- What is PetrochemWorks?
- Learn where to seek education and training for these careers:
OTHER USEFUL LINKS
- Dream It. Do It. Southeast Texas Education Foundation
- Greater Houston Partnership – Economic Development
- Junior Achievement
|Learn about our Manufacturing Industry through EHCMA. Contact:
||Learn more about our Education partners. Contact:
|Learn about our Building and Construction partners through ABC. Contact:||Learn more about our Community Partners. Contact:|