THE GULF COAST AREA NEEDS SKILLED WORKERS!
Between January 2015 and December 2019, approximately 11,430 direct employees and resident contractors hires in the combined operations, maintenance, and engineering occupations will be needed to replace attrition and fill newly created positions.
Approximately 93% of all new hires will be the result of attrition and retirement (as opposed to overall employment increases).
SOURCE: EHCMA Workforce Assessment Survey
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
We are currently looking for talented workers from local employers to have them play the role of industry ambassador to area students, parents, school administrators, the unemployed, the underemployed, retooling adults, and military veterans. Ambassadors are needed to disseminate the plethora of opportunities in high-wage, high-demand careers in the sectors of petrochemical, maritime, transportation, logistics, and industrial construction in the Gulf Coast area.
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
- Promoting what we do will help grow the pipeline of our workforce potential.
- Explaining who we are and what our jobs are is one of the most impactful things we can do to encourage workforce potentials to choose careers in manufacturing.
- Sharing how we got to where we are, and how well we live as a result of these careers, helps the potential workforce to see the importance of manufacturing careers.
HOW CAN I LEARN TO BE AN AMBASSADOR?
- Ambassador Training Presentation:
- Preparation and Information – Additional Resources:
- Useful Links:
2115 East Governors Circle
Houston, TX 77092
O: 713-682-4500 x 257